“Whatever goes on Social Media, stay on Google forever!”
The scenario shown above is pretty common on every street of the world. The current generation- the Millennials is also termed as the online generation because of the time they spend online in surfing the net, & on social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter & Instagram.
On an average, daily social media usage of global internet users is 135 minutes i.e. 2 hours & 15 minutes! The social sites are flooding with traffic:-
- Facebook has more than 2 billion active users.
- Twitter has more than 300 million users.
- Instagram has 800 million users.
- LinkedIn has 400 million users.
- YouTube gets 1.5 billion logged-in users every month & Quora has 150 million unique visitors every month.
What better place can you have to promote your business other than Social Media?
In last 60 seconds that you spent surfing the internet, something happened:
- 500 hours of video got uploaded to YouTube.
- 29 million WhatsApp messages were sent.
- 3.3 million Posts went live on Facebook
- 3.8 million Searches were made by Google Search engine
- 448800+ tweets on Twitter
- 1440 posts posted on WordPress.
Amazing. Isn’t it?
That’s the pace at which people are interacting with each other on social media because it caters to the psychological need of humans: Connect & Share!
The companies are well aware of this and that’s why they have got Social Media Experts to manage their presence on these platforms.
Social Media Optimization is a crucial part of marketing strategy for every company & below are the reasons for that:
1. Stronger Web Presence
Social Media provides a company the biggest stage it can have to interact with such a huge audience. The more a business is active on Social media, the more awareness its products will have!
2.Generate Potential Leads
Social Media is a perfect place to generate potential leads for your business products. With such a huge reach & e-commerce portals, most companies get their maximum clients via social media.
3. Communication Channel
Social Media serves as a wonderful two-way communication channel. Any firm can launch a product via these platforms & thousands of people will get to know about it instantly. It also helps the firm to Get Feedback from the customers which helps it in retaining them for a longer period of time.
4. Build Brand Awareness
With every post reaching millions, Social Media is the perfect platform to build brand awareness & get an edge over your competitors.
5. Boost Search Engine Ranking
Social Media also helps in driving traffic to the website which ultimately boosts the ranking of the website in search results.