With the revolutionary changes in the Internet world, the social pool is continuously shrinking day by day. According to the data, while the level of separation between one person and any other person on the planet was 6 levels in the 90’s, it has come down to 3.5 now and is expected to further go down in the coming years. With such changes at the speed of lightning, things have become more complex for the marketers, especially for those dealing with Business-to-Business Marketing. And things are not going to get any easier in the future. As the social pool is getting smaller, the competition is growing bigger.
Well, this does mean you do not have any opportunity. Every complication brings a solution with itself and this too has. To not only sustain your company but also to gain profit, the B2B companies have to think of out of the box ideas and techniques. While planning a good marketing strategy, most of them have social media marketing on the top of the list. Which is good of course. But you also need to know the best social media platforms. And probably the best platform for B2B marketers is LinkedIn. We just do not say it for the sake of it, the following reasons will be sufficient enough to support the statement.
- According to the research, 93% of B2B marketers believe LinkedIn is the most effective site for lead generation.
- 64% of corporate website visits originate on LinkedIn.
- More than 80% of B2B social leads come from LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn now drives over half of all social traffic to B2B blogs and websites.
- 32% increase in conversion rates was recorded when using LinkedIn account targeting.
The list of reasons can go on, but now that the question that arises is how B2B marketers can get the most of LinkedIn? There’s a lot of work involved, but done right, LinkedIn marketing plans can effectively generate leads that can help B2B tech companies grow.
- Setup Your LinkedIn Profile, As A Leader – creatingan informative and creative B2B Tech leader profile, is the first step that assures lead generation. Your profile has to be, professional, engaging and creative. Remember your first impression will be your last impression, so your profile will make it or break it for you. While writing your summary, keep in mind to be personal yet professional. Any person reading about you should be able to connect with you. As a B2B tech leader, you’ll want to appeal to people in technology and in business management positions. Phrase your summary as if you are talking to someone face to face, explaining about yourself and your business. Include your achievement and abilities as a business leader.
- Optimize Your Company Profile– Do everything possible in your arena to make sure that your company profile stands out from the rest. In the products and services tab, include descriptions, links to, and explanations of the products and services you sell. List them in order of importance. Include written or visual testimonials, this highly increases the chances of visibility. You need to build trust in order to sustain and do business, therefore, your company profile should speak your mind and goal. The most effective discussions on LinkedIn are built on mutual trust.
- Posting on LinkedIn– Remember it is not any other social platform. LinkedIn is a professional stage and you need to behave professionally. LinkedIn is four times more likely to gather business-related traffic and send it to a company website compared to other social media platforms. Create professional posts that are creative, catchy and give information about your business in a unique way. Use appropriate hashtags, tag people and companies that you think might be useful for B2B marketing, create long-form posts with useful tips, and post short videos.
- Create A Road Map– You should create a strategized and planned map of, what, how and when to post. You need to be aware of the trends and follow them regularly. Keep your content, whether in the form of content, designs or posts, up to date with the changing scenarios. Split your content into 50-50 bases. 50% concentrating on your brand and 25% in the sector you operate in and the final 25% about you. Also, make sure, you are consistent in your posting.
- Make The Most Of LinkedIn Tools– The LinkedIn Campaign Manager offers a wide range of tools, especially beneficial for B2B Marketers. This platform also offers a range of highly powerful targeting and analytics processes, transforming LinkedIn into a formidable marketing tool. LinkedIn Text Ads, LinkedIn sponsored Ads, LinkedIn sponsored InMail, etc. are some of the useful tools for B2B marketers. You also need to ensure that all your content, videos, campaigns etc. are responsive. As per the data, more than 85% of LinkedIn engagement comes from mobile devices. Therefore, it is important that you keep in mind about mobile audiences as well. When it comes to content posting creative and engaging content is only half the battle won. The second half is only tougher. To deal with this, you need to use another feature of LinkedIn, that is LinkedIn Insights and LinkedIn Analytics. To help the B2B marketers, LinkedIn offers a Company Page Analytics service that allows you to do a deep dive into how well your campaigns and individual posts are performing.
If you have had any doubts regarding the effectiveness of LinkedIn as a marketing tool, it should be cleared by now. LinkedIn has proved to be the best social platform to date for Business to Business Marketing to generate and convert leads. Leading Coach and Expert on LinkedIn best practices, Steve Phillip has rightly said, “Lack of a clear strategy is the biggest mistake. Users sign up to LinkedIn but then have no clear plan in mind how they will use it.” Do not be in this category, plan exactly, what and how you use LinkedIn for your benefit.