Keyword use and
Keywords are basically the vital reason that makes or breaks the future of any web page. There are different rules on how and where the keywords are to be used. These words are the ones that make your page crawl to the top of the search engine page results.
The most common words used to search for a particular site and the number of times that same word used in the content of a web page decides the page’s position on the SERP.
The density of the keyword is directly proportional to the number of times any search engine recognizes it. However, there is a difference between keyword density and keyword consistency.
Keyword density is the number of times one or more words are repeated in a content. While, keyword consistency means how many times a particular keyword is used in a content. The density of any consistent keyword in the content should not be more than 1 – 2 %.
Density is important, however, consistency is more important.
Some tips to get the right keyword usage are:
- Find out the right keyword for the web page
- Focus on that one keyword in the entire content
- Use that same keyword in the meta title
- Use that same keyword in the meta description
- Try to use it in the heading and subheadings
- Use the keyword to the images on the site as well