How to do Marketing & Selling on Facebook Groups
Facebook is one social media platform that has gained popularity faster than any other social media site. Every second person is using FB today, from a 12-year-old child to a 70-year-old man. It seems like the entire world is flooding on FB. And this, in many ways has been useful. Now if we talk about the usefulness of Facebook, how many of you have thought of using this platform for business purposes? Many of you must have joined some or the other FB Groups, but have you wondered if you could use these groups to promote your business?
Well, yes definitely you can. Some time back Facebook algorithm shouted out that it would favour family and friends post over brands. This forced a lot of brands to rethink if they should really invest their time in this social media to promote and get business? Yes, you can still get a considerable amount of business through FB. You only need to know the right way. Here are some ways for how you can do marketing and sell on Facebook groups.
- Use The FB Group In The Right Way – You might already have an FB group or maybe you have joined some other group. Joining an FB group is important because when you join a group that’s made up of people who match your target customer, you’ll have multiple opportunities to improve awareness for yourself and your business. But the glitch here is, a group that most networking teams have is for their team, but a lot of people are really not using it as a resource, as a prospecting tool. FB groups are almost like a community board where all the important announcements are made. All the buying and selling needs are advertised. You only need to understand this simple logic and create or join the right type of group and use it in the right way.
- Naming Plays A Major Role – If you think Facebook does not work on SEO rules, you may be wrong. When you create a new group for your business, you would like to give it your company name, or some savvy catchy line or something. But this might not work. Think of FB as a search engine and then give a name to your group. Think of the keywords that people or communities of the same interest as your brand would search for. Giving a name that is more approachable would increase the chances of getting more visitors and members.
- Set Your Goal – You have to be clear about the goals for which you are creating the FB group or joining one. You need to stick to that goal. Create a group that is niche-specific and relevant to your target audience. The purpose of your group may be only to generate leads, but do not keep it that way only. The goal of your group is not only to sell, but o build the group to build a community. So, make sure your focus is clear. Having this strong focus will also help you later when you decide to sell to your community.
- Persuade People To Join – If you are new to this, you might have to walk an extra mile to reach your target. You will have to adopt multiple ways to lure in your audience and then convince them to join your group. Though it is difficult but not impossible. One of the first ways you can build that community is by simply making Facebook posts. In the beginning, you might have to ask people to join, but once you have a considerable amount of members, others will flow in automatically. After you have cleared this phase, next is easy. Your community will buy whatever you have to sell and not only that you’ll have a community that tells you what they want and then you can just build it and sell them that. It may sound tedious and time-consuming, but this will definitely reap fruits in future.
- Conduct Market Research On Facebook Group – Ask, listen, absorb and then react. Communicate with your group, ask them what are their requirements, listen to their problems, find out more about them. Organize polls inside your group, encourage discussions, comment on statuses and initiate conversation. If you have done this homework, now you know what your community wants and sell them exactly that. This ensures that when you make an offer, they cannot surpass it, they will buy it. The market doesn’t have to be hard, it’s as simple as asking. Take note of what’s said and what people want and selling will automatically become easier.
Build your community before branding your product. This will ensure that after you have built a relationship with them, you can pitch in with your product and branding will be done cardinally. All you have to do is make your base strong and the rest will be achieved.